Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Emily and I made some chocolate covered pretzel sticks tonight for her kindergarten class snack on Thursday.  Emily's 6th birthday is Thursday so this will be a special treat for the kids.  I had to think of something that would be easy for her to take to school because she takes the bus.  I think they should handle the ride ok.  (fingers crossed)


We melted a bag of milk chocolate chips and then dipped and spread the chocolate over the pretzel sticks.  I left about 1" on the end with no chocolate, so it's not so messy to handle.  Then placed them on a piece of wax paper.


We decorated half with very small m&m's and the other half with sprinkles.  My assistant was the decorator and did a great job!  When finished I placed them in the freezer, just long enough for the chocolate to harden.  Not sure I needed too, but didn't hurt.  And the best part was there are enough extra for us to have some as well.   Mmmmm


3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, make sure you save me some. Love the NON-prescription glasses.
    Love you Emily--Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy:) Thanks for the follow. Following you back:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy!!! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm already a follower! :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete